Psychotherapy is not about focusing on the problems in life, but more about the solution building. Although it acknowledges present problems and past causes, it predominantly explores your current resources and future hopes…helping you to look forward and use your own strengths to achieve your own goals. It works by helping you to overcome problems without tackling them directly…using solution building concepts to foster change and helping you to develop a set of clear, concise, and realistic goals.
- Unhappiness and hopelessness
- Emptiness without direction
- Lack of motivation or interest
- Overwhelmed socially
- Not sure how you fit in
- There is a crisis in your life and you need ways to manage it
- Recent loss of a partner, death, or break-up leaving you feeling alone and isolated
- Just need to talk and process what is in your best interest
Adult relationships can be challenging. Lack of communication, or the “guessing game” of what your partner thinks, feels and conveys to you can be a mystery that ends in conflict.
- Why do we always seem to be fighting over the littlest thing and nothing ever gets resolved?
- Does my partner actually value me, or do I just fit into a preconceived image?
- Can I trust our relationship?
- Are we truly committed towards each other?
Cheryl Alterman’s empathic, validating and easy to talk to style will quickly understand your struggles. She will encourage and assist you in exploring your inner resources that will enhance your ability towards creating healthy change.